I love oats! I could eat them in every possible form: porridge, breakfast bowls, granola bars, fruit crumble, and my new discovery – pancakes!! They make the perfect breakfast or snack when you’re craving something sweet, and the best thing about them? They are gluten and sugar free!! You can always add a spoon of sugar to sweeten them up, but I find they still hit the spot with a little maple syrup and the almond milk makes them sweeter.
Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This recipe makes around 10 pancakes and each pancake has approximately 99 calories.
2.5 cups rolled oats
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tbs baking powder
2 cups almond milk (or whatever milk you prefer)
(Toppings: maple syrup, berries, honey etc.)
- Put the rolled oats in a blender and blitz them until they look more like flour. Transfer them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix.
- Add milk and eggs and whisk until well blended together, then set aside for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Once thickened, heat a dash of oil over a pan and use a ladle to spoon the mixture into the pan, forming small drop pancakes.
- Turn over on each side to brown for 2-3 minutes until a golden ring forms around the pancakes.
- Top with whatever you like and enjoy!