One of my favourite recipes, found on Style Me Pretty by Lauren Kelp. I guess it’s not the healthiest with the goats cheese but I have altered it slightly to make it healthier… but if you can’t eat a little goats cheese what can you do? I love this because it is full of protein with the eggs and really yummy with all of the different flavours. It makes the perfect lunch with some salad or post-workout dinner!
You will need:
- 3 tsps coconut oil
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 ounces goats cheese crumbled
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of salt
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomato
- juice of 1 lemon
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 2 large handfuls arugula
- Pre-heat oven to 180 C
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs with the goats cheese, crushed garlic, salt, tomato, and spinach
- Warm coconut oil in a frying pan and add the egg mix
- fry until binded together and bottom browned (DON’T STIR)
- Finish it in the oven in the frying pan until the top is firm and resembles an omelette.
- In a separate bowl, toss together the lemon juice with a little oil and black pepper, and add the arugula.
- Once the frittata is cooked, slide it onto a plate and sit the arugula on top coated in the dressing
The yummiest tortilla ever!! Alternatively to the arugula, serve with salad for a filling and nutritious meal 🙂